VEGAN WATERMELON POKE BOWL
A fish-free version of the classic Hawaiian poke bowl with a delicious creamy Jalapeno dressing.
- 600g watermelon, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2½ tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 75g vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1½ tbs Frank's RedHot Fire-Roasted Jalapeno Craft Hot Sauce
- 500g cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 75g radishes, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 tsp seaweed nori, ground using pestle and mortar (optional)
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- In a bowl, marinate the watermelon in the sesame oil and 2 tbs of the soy sauce for 10 minutes. Transfer bowl contents into a pan over a medium heat and cook for 5-10 mins, until no more water comes out of the watermelon. Remove from the pan, transfer to heatproof tray and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, whisk together the mayonnaise, agave and 1 tbsp Frank's RedHot Fire-Roasted Jalapeno Craft Hot Sauce and set aside.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls. Cut the cooled watermelon into small cubes and stir through the remaining ½ tbsp Frank's RedHot Fire-Roast Jalapeno Craft Hot Sauce. Arrange the watermelon, avocado, carrot, radished and cucumber over the rice in the bowls. Top the watermelon with the nori if using and drizzle over the spicy jalapeno mayonnaise dressing. Garnish with sesame seeds.