REDHOT CHILLI ‘N LIME VEGAN JACKFRUIT TACOS
Who says vegan dishes are boring? This easy pulled jackfruit taco recipe brings delicious vegan meals to a whole new level. The addition of the slight sourness and spiciness added by our FRANK'S RedHot® Chilli 'N Lime™ sauce really brings out the flavour of the jackfruit.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 300 grams young jackfruit, fresh or canned, drained and shredded
- 2 tablespoons FRANK'S RedHot® Chilli 'N Lime™ Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 60 millilitres vegan sour cream or vegan crème fraiche
- 8 (15-cm) corn tortillas, warmed
- 85 grams chopped lettuce
- 30 grams shredded red cabbage
- 40 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- To start, heat the olive oil in a large pan or skillet on high heat and add the sliced onion and jackfruit. If using fresh jackfruit, for optimal texture, cut the jackfruit into thin slices from core to the outer edge. This breaks up the tougher core as much as possible and makes for the best shredded texture. Sauté the onions and jackfruit for 5 to 7 minutes, or until caramelised and lightly charred and remove from heat.
- To add that slight spicy and sourness that goes perfectly with the jackfruit add the FRANK'S RedHot® Chilli 'N Lime™ pepper sauce to the sauteed jackfruit and onion mix along with the coriander to add some colour and a hint of freshness and toss together to mix.
- For assembly, prepare the jackfruit tacos by spreading the vegan sour cream down centre of each corn tortilla and layer with chopped lettuce, shredded cabbage, halved cherry tomatoes, the pulled jackfruit filling, sliced avocado and sliced radish. Drizzle with more FRANK'S RedHot® Chilli ‘N Lime™ Sauce, if desired.