Our medium spiced, tomato, coriander and chilli Herdez Salsa Casera is the ideal way to make a fuss-free Prawn Escabeche - perfect as a starter, part of a tapas spread or with tortilla crisps for something more substantial.
- 800g raw King prawns (see Tip)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 orange, juice only
- 2 limes
- 1 x 240g bottle of Herdez Salsa Casera
- 100ml water
- About 50g sugar, to taste, optional (see Tip)
- 2 avocados
- 200g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Freshly chopped coriander
- 300g tortilla crisps
- Tip the prawns into a medium bowl. Add the diced onion, juice of the orange and the juice of 1 lime. Pour in 120g Herdez Salsa Casera and mix well. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and remove the prawns with a slotted spoon. Pour the marinade into a medium saucepan, add the water and set over a medium heat to bring to the boil. Once boiling, add the prawns and simmer for 4 minutes - or until just cooked.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the remaining Herdez Salsa Casera and season to taste with lime juice and sugar, if needed (see Tip).
- Prepare the avocados into small chunks. Pour the escabeche into a serving bowl and garnish with avocado, sliced tomatoes and coriander. Serve straight away with tortilla crisps.
Herdez Tip - you can also use tiger prawns instead of king prawns, if wished. It is important to taste the escabeche and adjust the sugar and lime to suit your taste.