REDHOT KOFTA KEBABS
Kofta can be eaten with delicious warm flatbread and crispy salad, topped off with yoghurt sauce and a bit more Frank's to really spice things up.
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small green chilli
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander
- 4 sprigs fresh flatleaf parsley
- 450g (1lb) lamb mince
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 20cm (8") flat breads
- 25g (1oz) pomegranate seeds (optional)
MINT YOGHURT SAUCE
- 125g (5oz) Greek yoghurt
- 5 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Zest of a lemon
- Rocket salad
- Iceberg lettuce, torn roughly
- 1 ripe tomato, roughly chopped
- 50g (2oz) cucumber, diced
- Put the red onion, garlic, chilli, fresh coriander and parsley into a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop the ingredients roughly.
- Add the lamb mince, smoked paprika, ground cumin, Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, egg, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and olive il to the fresh ingredients and pulse for 30 seconds until everything is mixed thoroughly and the meat has become sticky. Place the mixture in a bowl and leave covered in the fridge for an hour. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll into sausage shapes. Place back in the fridge until you are ready to cook.
- Mix the salad ingredients together, then mix the Greek yoghurt, lemon zest and chopped garlic and mint in a small bowl and season with salt & black pepper.
- To cook kofta on a BBQ, heat the BBQ until the charcoal is white hot and cook the kofta for about 3 minutes each side. You can also pop them under a hot grill on a baking sheet for 6 minutes until crisp and cooked through. Or in a hot griddle pan for 3 minutes each side.
- Toast the flatbread on the BBQ or wrap in foil and warm in the oven while the koftas are cooking.
- Serve the kofta with salad, mint yoghurt and a little more Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce on the warm flatbread and finish with a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds, if desired. Roll up the flatbread to make a delicious healthy sandwich.