DIRTY HOT DOGS WITH SMOKED CHIPOTLE MAYO
Hot dogs with everything; deliciously messy but oh so good!
- 8 hot dogs (frankfurters)
- 8 rashes streaky bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely sliced
- ½ small red pepper, finely sliced
- ½ small green pepper, finely sliced
- Sea salt
- 8 hot dog buns
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Frank's RedHot Smoked Chipotle sauce (add more if you like it hot!)
- Yellow mustard
- Crispy fried onions
PICO DE GALLO
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Small bunch coriander chopped.
- Wrap each frankfurter with a rasher of streaky bacon and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Heat the grill in the oven to medium high.
- Toss the sliced onions and peppers together with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and spread onto a baking sheet next to the bacon wrapped frankfurters. Cook under the grill for about 12 minutes until everything is hot and the vegetables are slightly charred and the bacon is crispy. Turn the vegetables and frankfurters a few times to cook all sides.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and Frank's Smoked Chipotle sauce in a small bowl.
- In a small bowl stir together all the ingredients for Pico de Gallo.
- When you are ready to serve, slice the hot dog buns almost in half leaving the bun hinged on one side. Place the bacon wrapped frankfurter in the bun and top with some of the chargilled vegetables. Squirt on the ketchup, yellow mustard and Smoked mayonnaise. Sprinkle over Pico de Gallo and crispy fried onions.